Most drivers know how to handle a little car accident. Those that use public transportation or common carriers to get to and from work and recreation should know how to handle a bus accident. Passengers involved in public transportation incidents such as bus accidents still have certain rights. Lucé Law, PC can help you know what to do if you are ever involved in a common carrier crash or bus accident.
What Should You Do First?
The first moments following most bus accidents can be the most disorienting. First and foremost, you will want to make sure you are all right. If you can, get to a safe place. You can call your McKinney attorney for advice on what next steps you can take.
Once your immediate needs and the needs of the other passengers have been taken care of, you can go through your checklist:
- Take pictures at the accident scene if possible.
- Take pictures of your injuries sustained from the accident.
- Keep your boarding pass, ticket, or receipt in a safe place as proof of you being at the scene.
- Collect contact information from witnesses and other people involved in the accident.
- Get the driver’s name and license number, or the information of the person operating the bus.
If you plan on pursuing legal action, talk to your attorney before discussing your case or accepting compensation from the carrier’s insurance. Bus accidents can happen at any time, anywhere. If you are involved in a common carrier crash, use the checklist above and contact our knowledgeable lawyers at Lucé Law, PC online or call (972) 632-1300.